Dragon Varsity Team Policies
Carroll Tennis is a year round sport with both a Fall and a Spring season.
Fall (August-October)- Team Tennis: 6 lines of boys singles, 6 lines of girls singles, 3 boys doubles, 3 girls doubles, 1 mixed doubles
Spring (Jan-May)- Individual Tennis: Singles, Doubles, or Mixed
Varsity Tennis runs during 1st and 5th block. Practice is from 7:00 – 9:30.
Varsity Tennis is not a PE class. It is a UIL sanctioned sport. Players are expected to work hard and strive to improve their tennis skills. UIL rules are to be understood and followed: www.uiltexas.org
Tennis Building and Locker Room
Our tennis building was completed in 2010 and was included in CISD’s last bond election. It is a source of pride and a great asset to our program. We hold high standards for our players while in our building. All players are expected to maintain locker room order. Every player will be issued a locker with lock. No responsibility is assumed for lost items. Players are expected to keep backup clothing, socks, shoes, and racquets in their locker. Nothing should be left on the benches or floor.
We ask that all players wear only “tennis shoes” on the court. No street shoes, running shoes, flip flops, sandals or black soled shoes.
We travel by bus to all away matches and tournaments. If there is an emergency that requires a player to leave with a parent, it must be arranged with the coaches in advance. There is a form that needs to be filled out prior to the match. Convenience is never a reason not to travel with the team.
Travel to “out of town” tournaments is a privilege that must be earned. Along with ladder position, players must exhibit maturity that instills confidence. Players are never allowed to leave the hotel without a coach. Under NO circumstance are players allowed to leave the hotel room after “room checks” have been conducted. Failure to abide by these rules will result in loss of play and additional disciplinary action.
Players are expected to stay for the duration of the match or tournament. Every player’s match is important and warrants the support of teammates.
Expect to practice every day regardless of weather forecast. Be prepared.
Performance in class is of first and foremost importance. Players are expected to inform teachers in advance when they are going to miss class due to tennis. If class time is missed, athletes will be given a day off of practice to make up anything missed. They will NOT be permitted to miss practice to make up work as a result of your own absence. It is the student/athletes responsibility to communicate with teachers about missing class time.
Proper Dress for Match Play
Players are expected to wear school colors (Green, White, Black)/uniforms during all match play. Uniforms will be available for purchase for Varsity and JV players.
- Be prepared. Always have equipment for matches/practices
- Be on time to practices and matches. We will start practice or leave at designated times. Always try to arrive a few minutes early. “On time is being early”
- Travel with the team. All players are a part of the team ALL OF THE TIME.
- Respect your teammates. Belittling a teammate will NOT be a part of our program. Our athletes are expected to be supportive and unified at all times.
- Respect your opponents. Always act with utmost professionalism on the court, even if it’s not reciprocated. We will play with pride and class. RESPECT ALL, FEAR NONE
- Communicate. Please let coach know ahead of time when you will be absent from practice. Preparing a practice takes time and everyone has a role. Please keep in mind that when you don’t show up, your TEAM’s practice is affected.
In case the coaches need to send out immediate information we will use the Remind text messaging service. For all other written correspondence, we will use email. Also, pay attention to our Dragon Tennis webpage and ‘Like’ our Dragon Tennis Facebook page for pictures, news and updates.
We are limited on the number of Varsity athletes we can carry on a team. Due to the number of graduating seniors and incoming talent, there is a chance that at the conclusion of the year, if an athlete is near the bottom of the team ladder, they may be required to retry out over the summer. We will communicate this to the athlete at the conclusion of the spring season.
- Practice Tshirts: One shirt has already been given to your son/daughter. We will have 3 for your child. $42. These are found and to be paid for online: www.surefirepromotions.net/stores/dragons2016.
- Under Armour uniforms Boys-2 shirts/2 pair of shorts ($100). These have been ordered. Please make checks out to Carroll ISD.
- Team pennant (for new team members) $43. Check made out to FastSigns.
- Activity Fee $50 (team poster, senior day, travel, court equip, etc…). Check made out to CISD.
- Team Dinners/Team Snacks $50 CASH (can be brought later).
- CABC (Carroll Athletic Booster Club) membership $50 This is encouraged. CABC helps our Tennis program out every year. Check made out to CABC.
- Letter Jackets are purchased through vendors by the athlete or parents.
Balfour (contact: Doug Peters) 817-685-7777 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dragon Tennis Yard Signs are available to purchase from Fast Signs here in Southlake.
Call and ask for Cruz 817-329-5544. They cost around $35.
- Dragon Tennis car decals are available. Let Coach Aldridge know if interested. $5/ea.